Thursday, July 30, 2009

GEAR (PART 2)


Just over a year ago I gave in and converted to being a Mac user, and ever since I have been incredibly happy with that decision. I use my MacBook Pro for just about everything now, and have been very satisfied with all of the software that comes standard on a Mac.

I use GarageBand to record demos of songs I am working on, which works seamlessly with the M-Audio Profire 610 Firewire Interface. The 610 has two Mic/Line inputs on the front, which I normally use for guitar and vocals. It also has two more line inputs on the back, eight line outputs, MIDI in/out capability, and two headphone outputs. I would highly recommend the 610 if you're looking for a basic recording interface and won't need to be tracking more than two sources at one time.

No comments:

Post a Comment