Thursday, February 26, 2009

HELLO KLEAN KANTEEN


I did it. I gave in and bought a Klean Kanteen bottle today. I was introduced to these by my good friend Chris, our youth and children's pastor at ACC. What's so great about a Klean Kanteen, you ask?

-Made from high-quality stainless steel
-Dishwasher friendly
-BPA-free ("Recent studies have shown that many plastic water bottles, including Lexan bottles, leach toxins such as BPA. These studies have linked BPA to breast cancer & reproductive mutations.")
-It's reusable and therefore good for the environment!

This last one was what did it for me. As a musician and a vocalist, I drink a lot of water. For the past several years I have been buying bottled water to drink, and I always bring a bottle to Wednesday evening rehearsal and Sunday morning services. I always have one in the car with me as well. So it's safe to say that in any given week I burn through at least 3-4 plastic bottles that get thrown into landfills and pollute the environment. In general, I'm not an outspoken environmentalist or passionate about being "green", but I do think that we as human beings have a responsibility to be good stewards of this planet that God has entrusted to us and commanded us to cultivate and keep (Genesis 2:15). As I have been thinking a lot about this issue, I guess I started to feel convicted about all the water bottles I've gone through over the course of my lifetime. So that's what did it for me.

Goodbye plastic disposable water bottles, and hello Klean Kanteen!

1 comment:

  1. good for you. you'll save money too...but you should be recycling your plastics anyway! (kim)

    ReplyDelete