Monday, February 2, 2009

Weekend Service Review #1 - February 1, 2009

When I started this blog I promised you readers (and myself) that I would review the Sunday services at our church and give a snapshot of what the service looked like, including what elements we used and what songs were sung. Now, I can't promise that I will do this every week, but Lord-willing I can make this into a habit that sticks.

So ... here's what yesterday's services looked like:

-Short Welcome & announcements
-Holy Is the Lord (G)
(Exhortation to worship God with not only our lips, but also our lives, based on Matthew 15:8-9)
-Beautiful Jesus (A)
Message Part 1 - Dave
-Consuming Fire (G)
(Introduce new song which I explained will be a theme song for our Philippians series, based on Philippians 3:13-14)
-Adoration (G)
Message Part 2 - Dave
-The Solid Rock (D)
Benediction - Revelation 1:5-6

We did an acoustic set with guitar, bass, keys and djembe, and overall I feel like it sat well. There's always the challenge of keeping the energy level up on acoustic weekends, but one benefit is that the congregation can hear themselves better, which I know many people appreciate.

Dave preached a great message from Philippians 1:1-11 on how we are all a "piece of work" - what a great reminder that our sanctification is a lifelong process of becoming more like Christ. You can listen to it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment