Monday, June 22, 2009

GEAR (PART 1)

I have appreciated when other worship leaders whose blogs I read have posted on what kind of gear they use, from instruments to effects pedals to software to hardware. So I thought I would write a series of posts on what kind of gear I use and our church uses.

So for all you gearheads out there ... enjoy.

I play a Taylor acoustic / electric grand auditorium - model 314CE. I bought it new in 2003, and it has the Venetian cutaway and Fishman prefix plus pickup system. (I bought this right before Taylor switched over to the expression system on all their acoustic / electrics.)

I run my guitar through a Boss TU-2 chromatic tuner pedal, and out through a Pro Co DB-1 direct box into the church's house system.




I have two Kyser capos, and recently was given a G7th Nashville capo that I now use. I have found that the G7th capo tends to put my guitar out of tune less than others because it has a softer spring.
Strings: I have used Elixir Nanoweb medium lights and D'Addario EXP16 lights. The EXP16's seem to stand up a little better and break less.

Picks: I use medium-gauge picks, and like Fender and Taylor's.

Part 2 to come ...

No comments:

Post a Comment