Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Vacation + New Music











You may have heard the rumors and thought they were just rumors ... but it's true. I actually met Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin while my wife and I were on vacation last week in Panama City Beach, FL. If you know anything about me at all, you know that Louie and Chris are two men whom I deeply respect and admire for not only their passionate love for God, but also for the way God has used them to shape much of what is the modern worship movement today. I was very much encouraged and humbled to have the opportunity to meet them while on vacation. And the funny thing is after meeting them last week I kept asking myself, "What are the chances?" But I know better. In retrospect I know that God had a plan and purpose in me meeting both of them, and I believe He has used it in my life to encourage me in my role as a songwriter and worship leader. He also used it to call attention to the fact that I was idolizing these men and putting them on pedestals I shouldn't have. Nevertheless, I am still blown away by the fact that I got to meet Louie and Chris while on vacation, and that they were vacationing at the same beach club we had been staying at the entire week.

Anyways, vacation truly was a blessing, and now I am back and ready to face this summer head-on. I feel rested, rejuvenated, and refreshed, and for that I am grateful.

I am also grateful for ... new music! Check out these two new releases out in the past week that I have been loving and listening to ... a lot:

1) Hillsong United - A_CROSS // The_EARTH: Tear Down the Walls













2) Christy Nockels - Life Light Up
(her sixstepsrecords debut!)

No comments:

Post a Comment