Thursday, March 19, 2009

Meet Jenn Weber


I always get excited when I hear or find out about fresh new artists in the modern worship (or sometimes CCM) genres. At some point this past November, I heard about Jenn Weber, found her Myspace Page, listened to several songs, and I was hooked instantly. I received Jenn's CD "World of Wonder" for Christmas, and have been listening to it frequently ever since.

In my opinion, the lyrics are creative and worshipful, and I would classify the style as acoustic pop / folk, comparable to Christy Nockels, Sarah McLaughlin, or Brooke Fraser. The one song I can't stop listening to is "Your Love Is Changing Me". Here's a sampling of the lyrics:

"Don't know who I was
Don't know what I'll be
All I know is that You found me
From a far off land
Cross a lonely sea
You pursued and You've captured me

Oh, how You make me sing
Yeah Your love is changing me
You're awakening a marvelous dream
Yeah, Your love is changing me"

It is true that God has pursued and captured us, and His love is powerful enough to change us. I have seen God graciously bring about incredible change in my life recently - from the way I work to the way I love my wife to the way I worship.

How has God's love been changing you recently?

No comments:

Post a Comment