Sunday, April 12, 2009

Weekend Review #9 - April 12, 2009 - He is Risen!



What an amazing time of worship to our risen King Jesus we had this morning in both our services at ACC! It's such a blessing to serve with gifted, humble, servants who love Jesus and want to see His fame made known. I genuinely looked forward to and enjoyed today - I feel like the things I have been learning in my Christian Worship class about church history and the church calendar have made me appreciate Easter Sunday even more, as I have been made aware of what a monumental and crucial day it is for the church.

Here's how our services shaped up:

(Click on any of the song titles to be taken to them in iTunes)

Instrumental Prelude: Everlasting God (A)
Welcome / Announcements / Passing of the Peace - Dave
-Happy Day (B) - w/ horns
-Christ the Lord Is Risen Today (C) - w/ horns
Message - Luke 24:13-35 - Dave
-Nothing But the Blood (B)
Comment and reading from 1 Corinthians 15:55-57
-The Power of the Cross (C)
Video Testimonies
Apostle's Creed series promo - Dave
Offering
-Stronger (C) - w/ horns
Benediction

I was so excited to have a horn section with us today on three of the songs. We had trombone, trumpet, and french horn, and they sounded awesome. Really helped to raise the energy level and proclaim Christ's resurrection in an "anthemic" way!

No comments:

Post a Comment